On occasion, a partition wall or a glazing line placement may coincide with the main runners or nogs of two-way grid. In this instance there would be no way for a TRACKLOK® to pass through, with 10mm of clearance from the ceiling. GAPLOK allows you to take a 40mm section out of the grid, clamp GAPLOK to bridge the gap and reinstate the grid’s structural integrity and allow the clearance required.
- Provide clearance from two-way grid lines enabling TRACKLOK® to be installed correctly.
- Provide a method of re-instating the structural integrity to the two-way grid whilst providing the necessary clearance from the two-way grid, required to install TRACKLOK®.
- Allow specifiers and installers to effectively brace off partition walls to safeguard people from loss of amenity caused by the behavior of partition wall systems during seismic activity or fire.
- Ensure partition wall systems comply with building code regulations and ceiling manufacturer warranty requirements.
Features and Benefits
- Provides for the re-instatement of the integrity of the two-way grid.
- Designed and tested to work with all ceiling grids.
- Applicable to all seismic zones and all seismic loads.
- Meets or exceeds all national code requirements.
- Engineered to eliminate ceiling grid interaction and to protect warranty.
- Designed to accommodate TRACKLOK® while providing required clearance.
- Commercial Interiors
Following is the suggested solution to seismically secure partition walls, which are situated along the grid lines and requires the use of GAPLOK.
- Set out head track (clamp or screw temporarily).
- Locate TRACKLOK® placement.
- Cut and remove the 35mm section of grid between the screws.
- Insert GAPLOK unit as per specification.
- Insert TRACKLOK® unit as per specification.
- Brace off the TRACKLOK® unit as per specification.
- Remove temporary fixings.